If you wish to receive an email notification whenever a new training is posted, just let us know.
- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. JANUARY 28 (Thu) -- IT'S A GO - SUGAR BOWL TRAINING OOB AT JUDAH LIFT
- Where: Sugar Bowl
- When: 8:00am Team Garage; 8:30am Judah Lodge
- Contact: Mark Johnson (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe City
- When: 6:00ppm Team Garage
- Contact: Ray O'Brien (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Coldstream Canyon
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Paul Cushing (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Squaw Valley Fire Community Room
- When: 7pm SV Fire Community Room
- Contact: Eric Stendell (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Martis Peak
- When: 8:00am Team Garage; 8:30am Martis Peak Trailhead/267
- Contact: Sara Carbonari (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Old County Road
- When: 6:00pm Old County
- Contact: Paul Kitano (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: West Shore
- When: 7:30am Team Garage
- Contact: Paul Honeywell (use current callout list for phone #)
|With ~4 days of nice weather this week, we are planning another "round of looking" out-of-bounds at the Judah chair on Thursday before the poor weather comes in Friday. PLEASE RSVP (412-4419). This coincides with the Placer County debrief Thursday afternoon @ 4:30, so we would be out by 3PM (at the latest). Note new times.|
FEBRUARY 4 (Thu) -- SNOWCAT OPERATIONS
|Ray will lead us through snowcat basics from 6-9pm at the garage. Loading/Unloading from the hauler as wells as general familiarization with the cat and the steps required to get involved as an operator.|
FEBRUARY 6 (Sat) -- REPEATER TRAINING
|Join Paul for a day experimenting with the team's portable repeater in a historically challenging zone with regards to communication with the command center.|
FEBRUARY 10 (Wed) -- SPEAKER SERIES: AVALANCHE PATIENT CARE
|Come join team member and Dr. Eric Stendell for a talk on avalanche resuscitation, post avalanche care, and end points in resuscitation. Event will be at the Squaw Valley Community room on 2/10 from 7-9pm.|
FEBRUARY 14 (Sun) -- SNOWMO, SNOWCAT, SKIER TRAINING
|Come join Sara for a great day utilizing all the toys. We will be working on towing skiers, skiing powder and some joint rescue coordination. Even if you can land a backflip on a snowmobile, you can get lost out in this zone, so reacquainting yourself after a few winters off might be a good idea|
FEBRUARY 17 (Wed) -- BEACON TRAINING
|Paul will be leading a training focusing on several avalanche scenarios and the use of your transceivers in real world burial situations. Always good to brush up on skills that don't get practiced enough.|
FEBRUARY 28 (Sun) -- RUBICON & BEYOND
|Try to keep up with Team VP Paul Honeywell on an all day ski up and over Rubicon and to the peaks beyond. Navigation, avalanche skills and touring efficiency among other skills will honed on this training.|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.