- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. JANUARY 22 (Thu) -- MAP AND GPS OFFICE HOURS #2
- Where: Meeting Room At Fire Station 51
- When: 6:00pm
- Contact: Matt Jacobs (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Burton Creek Sheriffs Dept.
- Contact: Kim Bromley (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Paige Meadows
- When: 5:30pm Team Garage
- Contact: Geoff Quine (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Team Garage
- When: 8am Team Garage
- Contact: Russ Viehmann (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Squaw Valley
- When: 7:30am Team Garage; 8am Squaw Valley
- Contact: Paul Honeywell (use current callout list for phone #)
|Confused and overwhelmed by all that navigation tech you're carrying around? Let team guru Matt Jacobs straighten things out for you. Drop in at any time for help with maps/grids/datums, CalTopo and other mapping tools, and moving data on and off your GPS. There will be some exercises to work on, or just stop by to get your questions answered. 6-10pm.|
JANUARY 27 (Tue) -- CANCELLED - COMM VAN TRAINING - CANCELLED
|CANCELLED. If you are interested in getting involved with TNSAR this is one of the faster ways to participate. This is a how-to and inside tour of the comm van. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the team. The comm van team can make a huge difference in the overall SAR experience and this training will get you ready to join the team at the next SAR.|
JANUARY 28 (Wed) -- NIGHTTIME MAP AND COMPASS/GPS NAVIGATION
|Join Geoff for hands on and realistic navigation skills in Paige Meadows. 5:30-9pm.|
FEBRUARY 8 (Sun) -- AVALANCHE SCENARIO PRACTICE
|Join Russ for a day of avalanche rescue practice and skills. Training is open to all team members. Come on out for some fun.|
MARCH 17 (Tue) -- CHP HELI TRAINING
|CHP Heli training with A and B team skiers only. High angle rescue work, packaging, raising and lowering skills practice. Contact Paul for more info.|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.