If you wish to receive an email notification whenever a new training is posted, just let us know.
- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. NOVEMBER 11 (Wed) -- EDUCATION PROGRAM GALA
- Where: Kings Beach Firehouse
- When: 6:30pm KB Firehouse
- Contact: Bernie Mellor (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: North Tahoe Fire Dept. #51
- When: 6pm North Tahoe Fire Dept. #51
- Contact: Jim Helminiak (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe City
- When: 6:00pm Fire Station
- Contact: Matt Jacobs (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe City
- When: 6:00pm Team Garage
- Contact: Peter York (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Resort at Squaw Creek
- When: 3:00pm Resort at Squaw Creek
- Contact: Register Below (use current callout list for phone #)
|Each year the TNSAR team puts on a Winter Wilderness Survival Program for 4th Graders in the Lake Tahoe area, intended to educate the students on the correct actions to take should they ever find themselves lost in the outdoors. New members and veterans alike are invited to attend. Share technique and knowledge from past experiences or get up to speed for your first season with the Winter Education Program.|
NOVEMBER 12 (Thu) -- TNSAR 101
|New Member Essentials. Iím a member, I have my OES card, now what?
-For: TNSAR members or aspiring members seeking to get more involved in SAR. This training will give new members and members with limited search experience valuable insight to the dynamics of TNSAR. You can count on hands on experience and the knowledge to help you prepare for your first or next SAR.
NOVEMBER 17 (Tue) -- MAP AND GPS OFFICE HOURS
|Still figuring out your first "smart" phone and overwhelmed by all that navigation tech you're carrying around? Let team guru Matt Jacobs straighten things out for you. Drop in at any time for help with maps/grids/datums, CalTopo and other mapping tools, moving data on and off your GPS as well as the team inReach units that we've started to deploy on searches. There will be some exercises to work on, or just stop by to get your questions answered. 6-10pm.|
NOVEMBER 18 (Wed) -- AVI PACK 101
|Still figuring out your airbag pack that you purchased as part of the team procurement last year? Come on down for a comprehensive evening covering the use and protocols associated with a critical piece of search gear. Also a chance to deploy your airbag, repack it and refill the canister.|
DECEMBER 7 (Mon) -- WINTER SPORTS SYMPOSIUM
|The Winter Sports Symposium-Get the latest treatment modalities and strategies to manage winter injuries. The Team supports all A Team, B Team and Team Members with funding to attend. You must register yourself and refund will be given out at night of event.
Check here for more info and to register: http://www.tfhd.com/wsis2015/
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.