- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. DECEMBER 11 (Thu) -- TNSAR 101 TRAINING
- Where: North Tahoe Fire Station #51
- When: 6pm North Tahoe Fire Station #51
- Contact: Jim Helminiak (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Team Garage
- When: 1pm Team Garage
- Contact: Ray O'Brien (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Ward Canyon
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Russ Viehmann (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Pole Creek
- When: 8am Bradley Hut; 2pm Friday- Pole Creek TH
- Contact: Doug Read (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Deep Creek
- When: 8:00am Team Garage; 8:30am Deep Creek Trailhead
- Contact: Jeff DeVries (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Team Garage
- When: 8am Team Garage
- Contact: Steve Reynaud (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: South
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Sara Carbonari (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Paige Meadows
- When: 5:30pm Team Garage
- Contact: Geoff Quine (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Squaw Valley
- When: 7:30am Team Garage; 8am Squaw Valley
- Contact: Paul Honeywell (use current callout list for phone #)
|New Member Essentials. Iím a member, I have my OES card, Iíve been to some trainings, now what? Who: TNSAR members or aspiring members seeking to get more involved in SAR. This training will give new members and members with limited search experience valuable insight to the dynamics of TNSAR. You can count on hands on experience and the knowledge to help you prepare for your first or next SAR.|
DECEMBER 13 (Sat) -- SNOWCAT 101
|Ray will lead us through snowcat basics from 1-3pm at the garage. Come on over for a fun afternoon.|
DECEMBER 14 (Sun) -- MOCK SEARCH
|Join past president and team member extraordinaire, Russ Viehmann for a mock search in the often scoured Ward Canyon adjacent to Alpine Meadows.|
DECEMBER 20 (Sat) -- MOCK SEARCH
|Doug Read will be leading a mock search training at the Bradley Hut on Saturday 12/20-be at hut by 9am. A group will be heading out Friday afternoon at 2pm and will be sleeping in the hut. Come out for a fun fill overnight.|
JANUARY 4 (Sun) -- SIERRA CREST SKI TOUR
|Get fired up for the New Year with a ski tour from the bottom of the Truckee River Canyon to the Sierra Crest. Work off the holiday excess by breaking trail through all the new snow! Navigation, communication, and avalanche awareness will be the focuses of this all day affair.|
JANUARY 10 (Sat) -- TNSAR AVALANCHE REFRESHER
|The Team will be putting on our annual avalanche refresher course on January 10th. Class size is limited to 14 folks, you must contact Steve to get your name on the list before the training. First come first serve. This will be an all day training.|
JANUARY 11 (Sun) -- SOUTH LAKE AND BEYOND
|Join Board Member Sara Carbonari for a journey to the southern reaches of the lake to explore areas we are often called upon for mutual aid while brushing up on safe travel practices, navigation and companion rescue.|
JANUARY 28 (Wed) -- NIGHTTIME MAP AND COMPASS/GPS NAVIGATION
|Join Geoff for hands on and realistic navigation skills in Paige Meadows. 5:30-9pm.|
MARCH 17 (Tue) -- CHP HELI TRAINING
|CHP Heli training with A and B team skiers only. High angle rescue work, packaging, raising and lowering skills practice. Contact Paul for more info.|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.