- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. APRIL 17 (Thu) -- TNSAR 101
- Where: North Tahoe Fire Station #51
- When: 6pm North Tahoe Fire Station #51
- Contact: Jim Helminiak (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: SV Community Room
- When: 6pm SV Room
- Contact: Matt Jacobs (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: SV Community Room
- When: 8am SV Room
- Contact: Steve Reynaud (use current callout list for phone #)
|Who: TNSAR members or aspiring members seeking to get more involved in SAR. What: New Member Essentials. Iím a member, I have my OES card, Iíve been to some trainings, now what? This training will give new members and members that have never been on a search valuable insight to the dynamics of TNSAR. You can count on hands on experience and the knowledge to help you prepare for your first or next SAR. Contact Jim Helminiak for information and availability, use current callout list for phone|
APRIL 23 (Wed) -- MAPPING WITH CALTOPO
|This training will show how to plan a route, preload it to your GPS, print a map, download tracks after a trip and create a shareable online map. These skills are useful beyond SAR - learn them now, put them to use on personal trips over the summer and come back an expert in the fall. Bring a laptop and/or personal GPS if you have them.
APRIL 25 (Fri) -- WEMT/WFR REFRESHER
|We have a WEMT and WFR Refresher Course for the weekend of 4/25-4/27. This course requires pre registration to attend.|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.