If you wish to receive an email notification whenever a new training is posted, just let us know.
- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. OCTOBER 15 (Sat) -- CALIFORNIA AVALANCHE WORKSHOP
- Where: Lake Tahoe Community College
- When: 9:00am 1 College Drive, South Lake Tahoe,
- Contact: Jeff DeVries (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Squaw Valley Fire
- When: am Squaw Valley Fire
- Contact: Neil Morse (use current callout list for phone #)
|A pre-season gathering of snow travelers to share knowledge, learn, laugh, and network. This seminar is modeled after the International Snow Science Workshop and other regional one-day snow and avalanche workshops throughout the west. It will feature a variety of speakers in the morning, then break for lunch (on your own) and return for additional speakers in the afternoon.Register at www.ltccconnect.com under Life Enhancement.|
OCTOBER 19 (Wed) -- 5-DAY WILDERNESS FIRST RESPONDER
|5-Day WFR put on by Crested Butte Outdoors October 19-23. This is external to the team, so out of pocket ($775 + 4% cc fee) unless you petition the board for reimbursement. Contact Neil for more info.|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.