- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. NOVEMBER 24 (Sun) -- GPS TRAINING
- Where: Tahoe XC
- When: 8am Team Garage; 8:30am Tahoe XC
- Contact: Troy Corliss (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Resort At Squaw Creek
- When: 3:00pm Team Garage
- Contact: Jeff DeVries (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe Mountain Sports, KB
- When: 5:30pm Tahoe Mountain Sports, KB
- Contact: Dave Polivy /email@example.com(use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Paige Meadows
- When: 5:30pm Team Garage
- Contact: Geoff Quine (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Coldstream Canyon/Deep Creek
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Sara Carbonari (use current callout list for phone #)
|Outdoor GPS/Navigation training at Tahoe XC. Come refresh your skills.|
DECEMBER 2 (Mon) -- 18TH ANNUAL WINTER SPORTS INJURY SYMPOSIUM
|Registration is now open for the annual Winter Sports Injury Symposium brought to you by Tahoe Forest Health System. Preregister at: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=b8d6a9 The team will reimburse you the $25 registration fee that night.|
DECEMBER 3 (Tue) -- TAHOE MOUNTAIN SPORTS PRO NIGHT
|Tuesday night December 3rd, 5:30-8pm for the annual Tahoe Mountain Sports Pro Night. All team members are eligible (This is not for your friends or family, it is only for you so don’t abuse it) Pro form pricing and deep discounts on the newest 13-14 winter gear. This includes skis, bindings, boots, avalanche beacons, probes, shovels, clothing and more….|
DECEMBER 17 (Tue) -- NIGHTTIME MAP AND COMPASS/GPS NAVIGATION
|Join Geoff for hands on and realistic navigation skills in Paige Meadows. 5:30-9pm.|
JANUARY 5 (Sun) -- PACIFIC CREST SKI TOUR
|Join Sara for a solid day in a popular backcountry area that sees a lot of use. The plan is to ski in Coldstream Canyon up to the Pacific Crest and down into Deep Creek. Navigation, avalanche skills and hopefully deep powder turns will be on the menu for what is sure to be a fantastic day!|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.