- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. OCTOBER 17 (Sat) -- CALIFORNIA AVALANCHE WORKSHOP
- Where: South Lake Tahoe, CA
- When: 9:00am LTCC Theater
- Contact: Jeff DeVries (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Resort at Squaw Creek
- When: 3:00pm Resort at Squaw Creek
- Contact: Register Below (use current callout list for phone #)
|This seminar is modeled after the International Snow Science Workshop and other regional one-day snow and avalanche workshops throughout the west. It will feature a variety of speakers in the morning, then break for lunch (on your own) and return for additional speakers in the afternoon. Please register ahead of time at the link below as it sold out last year.
DECEMBER 7 (Mon) -- WINTER SPORTS SYMPOSIUM
|The Winter Sports Symposium-Get the latest treatment modalities and strategies to manage winter injuries. The Team supports all A Team, B Team and Team Members with funding to attend. You must register yourself and refund will be given out at night of event.
Check here for more info and to register: http://www.tfhd.com/wsis2015/
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.