If you wish to receive an email notification whenever a new training is posted, just let us know.
- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. OCTOBER 15 (Sat) -- CALIFORNIA AVALANCHE WORKSHOP
- Where: Lake Tahoe Community College
- When: 9:00am 1 College Drive, South Lake Tahoe,
- Contact: Jeff DeVries (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Squaw Valley Fire
- When: am Squaw Valley Fire
- Contact: Neil Morse (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Cabin creek trailhead
- When: 9:30am Cabin creek trailhead
- Contact: Dick hilly /1(use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Meeks Bay
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Sara Carbonari (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe City
- When: 6:00pm Tahoe XC
- Contact: Andrew Osterreicher (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe City
- When: 6:00pm Tahoe City Fire Station
- Contact: Dirk Schoonmaker (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Hyatt Regency
- When: 3:00pm Hyatt Regency
- Contact: Register Below (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Pole Creek
- When: 9:00am Bradley Hut
- Contact: Doug Read (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Old County Road
- When: 6:00pm Old County
- Contact: Paul Kitano (use current callout list for phone #)
|A pre-season gathering of snow travelers to share knowledge, learn, laugh, and network. This seminar is modeled after the International Snow Science Workshop and other regional one-day snow and avalanche workshops throughout the west. It will feature a variety of speakers in the morning, then break for lunch (on your own) and return for additional speakers in the afternoon.Register at www.ltccconnect.com under Life Enhancement.|
OCTOBER 19 (Wed) -- 5-DAY WILDERNESS FIRST RESPONDER
|5-Day WFR put on by Crested Butte Outdoors October 19-23. This is external to the team, so out of pocket ($775 + 4% cc fee) unless you petition the board for reimbursement. Contact Neil for more info.|
OCTOBER 29 (Sat) -- OHV TRAINING
|Bring your OHV for a fun dust free ride up Cabin Creek Trail. Terrain familiarization, route finding and navigation skills.|
OCTOBER 30 (Sun) -- BAY TO BAY TERRAIN FAMILIARZATION
|Join Sara for a beautiful fall hike along the West Shore of Lake Tahoe between Meeks Bay and Emerald Bay. Route finding and navigation skills a plus.|
NOVEMBER 9 (Wed) -- NIGHTTIME GPS NAVIGATION
|Come out and brush up on your GPS navigation skills and radio protocol with Andrew.|
NOVEMBER 15 (Tue) -- ANATOMY OF A SEARCH
|Come learn the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How of a typical search in a classroom setting. Get a glimpse behind the curtain and a better understanding of how everything unfolds.|
DECEMBER 5 (Mon) -- WINTER ILLNESS & INJURY SYMPOSIUM
|The Winter Sports Symposium-Get the latest treatment modalities and strategies to manage winter injuries. The Team supports all A Team, B Team and Team Members with funding to attend. You must register yourself and refund will be given out at night of event. NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR
Register here: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=37e095
DECEMBER 17 (Sat) -- MOCK SEARCH
|Doug Read will be leading a mock search training at the Bradley Hut on Saturday 12/17-be at hut by 9am. A group will be heading out Friday afternoon at 2pm and will be sleeping in the hut. Come out for a fun filled overnight.|
JANUARY 18 (Wed) -- BEACON TRAINING
|Paul will be leading a training focusing on several avalanche scenarios and the use of your transceivers in real world burial situations. Always good to brush up on skills that don't get practiced enough.|
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.